Over 8 weeks the students will perform four running sessions a week inching them closer to completing their first marathon as well as learning about the benefits of physical activity.
The students will run their final mile at a specially organised event in November. (date to be confirmed)
In total, we will run 26.2 miles which is a fantastic achievement.
This week we just finished week 4 which was a total distance of 4800m. Each day we ran 1200m.
Next week we will be running 1400m daily and learning about the 'Community benefits of exercising.'
Lets see what the kids think about Marathon Kids:
Emma Scanlan 6th Class:
"I love Marathonkids because it's fun to get out into the fresh air! I also like MarathonKids because you can run further each week. Afterwards, yes, you are very sweaty because you've just come in from break and then you've to run but you feel great for accomplishing it. You also miss work and get a chance to change and get fit when the rest of the rest of the school wish they could! Exercise is fun!"
Ciara McGrath 5th Class:
"I like MarathonKids because we get to go out in the yard and run around. It also helps you get fitter."
Mallory Butterly 6th Class:
I love MarathonKids because you get to run with your friends and get fit during school time!"
"I love Marathonkids because it's fun to get out into the fresh air! I also like MarathonKids because you can run further each week. Afterwards, yes, you are very sweaty because you've just come in from break and then you've to run but you feel great for accomplishing it. You also miss work and get a chance to change and get fit when the rest of the rest of the school wish they could! Exercise is fun!"
Ciara McGrath 5th Class:
"I like MarathonKids because we get to go out in the yard and run around. It also helps you get fitter."
Mallory Butterly 6th Class:
I love MarathonKids because you get to run with your friends and get fit during school time!"
I think the marathon kids is a good way to help kids exercise and keep fit.
ReplyDeleteI love marathonkids so I can get fitter for my athletics and football
ReplyDeleteI love running with my friends 😀😀😀😀😀
ReplyDelete